A GUIDE ON MARBLE FLOORING CARE AND MAINTENANCE TIPS
Marble flooring is regarded as a statement of class and a noble choice for revamping the home these days. Whenever you utilise marble flooring or granite marble for your home's interiors, it enhances the aura and gives it a magnificent and sweeping look. Imported marbles utilised for both floors and aesthetic appeal in the home.
Marble floorings dress your space with a sophisticated and exquisite appearance. Imported marble floorings can add to the natural majesty of your dwelling. Your guests will be impressed by an inlaid design on your marble flooring, backsplashes, granite marble countertops, and staircase and make you proud and pleased with your space.
Marble must be properly cared for in order to maintain its lustre and durability. It would be great to look after your marble to preserve the stone's beauty.
If you wish to learn about imported marble flooring care and maintenance, then read on for some great tips and incredible safety measures that you should be aware of.
Let's get started,
1. When meals or any other acidic fluid is spilt on the marble flooring, it creates etching and leaves a dull impression on the stone's surface. In order to avoid this, make sure that fruit juices, alcohol, tea, coffee, fizzy beverages, and other liquids should not be spilt on the marble flooring.
2. A wonderful tip for cleaning, maintaining and caring for the marble floors or granite marble when there is a spill or stain or food, etc., is to softly wipe marble with a clean cloth moistened with a hydrogen peroxide solution and a few droplets of ammonia. It will aid in the preservation of the shine.
3. Never use vinegar, lemon juice, or other acidic cleaners on granite marble or imported marble flooring. To keep the marble flooring reacting or eroding, use alkali cleaning solutions such as ammonia, hydrogen peroxide, or neutral water.
4. It is critical to remove grit and grime from your marble floor on a daily basis in order to safeguard it. To eliminate the dust and dirt, use a soft natural dust broom rather than one with chemically treated pads. Clean the dusting broom after each usage to avoid reapplying the filth the next time.
5. Using the proper tools for cleaning your imported marble flooring or granite flooring is extremely vital. This can help you maintain your marble floors clean and scratch-free. Avoid anything abrasive or pointy that could harm the delicate surface of the marble flooring or granite marble. Fabrics, like chamois cloths and cleaning mops, are preferred to harsh brushes and sponges for protecting your imported marble flooring. Dry erasers are especially dangerous since they clean the marble flooring surfaces by scraping away the floor.
6. When selecting cleaning agents, keep the colour and precise constitution of your marble flooring in consideration. Strong alkalis, such as hydrogen peroxide and ammonia, have the ability to bleach black marble. Always perform a test on an isolated area before using any cleaning agents. When cleaning marble floors, always start with a basic solution, such as water or a pH-balanced marble cleaner, and only use harsher solution when strictly essential. After washing your marble floor, carefully rinse it with normal water to neutralise the pH of any residual chemicals, and then totally dry it.
7. If something spills on your marble flooring, remember to clean it up right away to avoid stains from setting in. Marble is a porous rock, which means it can soak liquid, making it tough to remove stains. So, the key is blot stains, not rub them! Spills should be flushed with enough water to neutralise the pH and prevent the possibility of discolouration or etches. This is especially true for acids like tomato, citrus, vinegar, and coffee.
8. To safeguard your marble flooring from damage in high-traffic or mostly used areas, think about investing in rugs.
Marble flooring or granite marbles can be challenging and arduous to clean, but by considering our suggestions, tips and being cautious about the treatments you employ, you can maintain your marble floors and protect them for generations without having to spend boatloads of money on pricey cleansers and supplies.
Proper care of your marble floor
In order to preserve the decorative performance of the marble floor as long as possible, it is recommended to combine daily care with thorough cleaning (every 1-2 months depending on the degree of pollution). Of course, daily light cleaning will greatly simplify the work when special products are used for intensive cleaning. It should be noted that the daily maintenance of marble floors does not require complicated tasks.
Qualified marble floor care includes two main procedures:
• Cleaning (grinding and polishing);
• Protection (use special grease and water repellent).
• Sometimes these operations are carried out at the same time, depending on the degree of pollution. Recovery work includes the following operations:
1. Dry cleaning
With a soft brush, hard particles scratching the glossy surface will be swept away.
2. Wet wash
The marble floor is treated with detergent. The shampoo used to clean natural stone has a wide range of effects and does not interfere with the structure of the material. If the stone is heavily contaminated, use a strong concentrate.
3. Natural drying
4. Application of protective coatings. There are several protection methods:
• Treat with wax to give gloss and subtle protection;
• Impregnated with grease and water protectant to prevent the formation of stains;
• Treat with wax and water repellent (mixed method).
• The third option seems preferable because the complex treatment provides multiple levels of protection for the coating.
Ordinary people tend to ignore the maintenance recommendations for capricious natural stone, which is fundamentally wrong. Only the multi-stage treatment of marble can extend the shelf life and give the surface a mirror effect. If the marble loses its attractiveness under the influence of ultraviolet rays, strong acids, various chemical solutions or mechanical grinding.
Among natural materials, stonemason deserves to use wax, which can restore attractiveness and protective layer. Non-slip polishes are also popular. As for kitchen countertops made of marble, their maintenance requires the use of special cleaners and cleaners based on high-quality wax.
With this surface cleaner, you will never have questions about how to clean marble floors. Universal products do not change the color of the stone and leave no oil stains.
What are the Pros and Cons of Marble
A Guide on Marble Flooring Care And Maintenance Tips
Desirable Colour Of Marble In Your Home
How Interior Designers Use Marble In Home Designs
A Guide to the Different Types of Marble and help you choose the right one